Friday, November 19, 2010

Curious about the world around me.....

These weekly leadership meetings help to re inspire me. I can get caught up in the every day things and feelings. Comparing, judging myself on silly things. It's good to get back to what's important every week to keep my focus on why I came down here and what I'm doing. It's all going to come together and every week I feel like that is reinforced and I take a deep breath and let those other things fall away and refocus.
Our presentation today just made me more determined to keep my plans alive. I also felt more passionate about seeing Public Allies go to Detroit. It would be amazing to be a part of that. I believe in Detroit, my family is there, no matter how hard I try to fight it, it's my home. Don't' get me wrong, I love traveling, I love meeting new people, but as I get older and more focused on what I want out of life, making my home in Detroit just always seems like the only answer. My boyfriend mentioned to me the other day that no matter how many people I have around me he noticed that I always still feel lonely if my family isn't there, he's right. I've spend months overseas, having amazing times and loving every minute of it, but the pang of loneliness always creeps in and I miss my family.
How amazing would it be if I could have my base there and go out take others out into the world to explore! Make a better name for Detroit, show people how amazing it is!! despite the cold weather, it just makes me more determined to create a better world through that base.

I will remain curious about the world around me and learn from it! Be deliberiate with your thoughts and those things will be attracted to you.....

No comments: